You have spend your life working and raising kids, now its time to enjoy your spouse and see the world. You have earned it. Life is hard work and now that its come to the time of retirement you can live it up and travel a little but. But before you do make sure that you are safe, healthy and able to make long trips. Follow these tips before you book your dream vacation.
- Consult with your doctor for a complete medical check-up. This is especially important if you have coronary heart disease, hypertension or any other chronic condition, or if you have recently undergone surgery or experienced a heart attack.
- Discuss any particular health concerns you may have, such as dietary changes and the possible impact of different eating habits on your specific condition.
- People with diabetes will need medical advice on how to safely stagger their medications to fit a different time zone.
- Consider having your flu and pneumonia vaccinations before you go on your trip.
- If you intend traveling to areas where infectious diseases are present, make sure you are fully vaccinated.
- Visit your dentist for a check-up.
- Visit any other healthcare providers you consult with on a regular basis, such as your optometrist.
After you make sure that all is good with your health then pick a destination and have a great time!